6 Easy Ways to Increase Curb Appeal
You're ready to sell your house! How exciting! According to the National Association of Realtors, 63% of homebuyers will drop by after viewing a home they like online. So how can you do some quick updates to make your home really stand out?
- Paint & Stain - Check the paint on the trim and windows of your house. Touching this up will make everything appear new. You could also stain your front door or garage door to give it a brand new look.
- Power Wash - The siding, the sidewalk, the deck...anything! A quick power wash will do wonders for the appearance of your home.
- Clean Your Windows - Simply cleaning your windows will really make your house shine!
- Landscaping - Whether you hire someone for a yard cleanup, mow your lawn yourself or take the time to do some weeding, this will absolutely increase the home's curb appeal. Stop by Home Depot, Lowes, or any local nursery to pick up some flowers as well. A well maintained yard draws buyers in.
- Color - Add a pop of color! A mailbox, a birdhouse, a colorful wreath on your door, bright flowers on your porch...Give your house some color to make it stand out and be memorable.
- Act Like You Are Buying Your Home - As hard as it may be, take a step back and try to imagine your home from a buyer's perspective. Even ask a friend or relative to come help with this. You may notice little things you can change that you didn't before, such as purchasing new house numbers or a new mailbox.
Check out a great article on more curb appeal ideas here to make your home the star of the neighborhood!
EXIT Realty Achieve is in the top two percent of real estate companies serving Suffolk County, New York. Our services help individuals and families achieve their dream of home ownership. Our professional real estate experts have extensive experience with helping our clients in buying and selling residential, commercial, land, and investment properties.